All written content on the website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence.
If you use any of our website content please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived research data
All archived research data is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence.
If you use any of our research data please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Third-party embedded content
Rights to third-party embedded content such as videos and Tweets belong to the originator. These are not covered by the Creative Commons licence. Please view the original content or contact the originator to find out conditions for re-use.
To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement made in the comments section of the website.
If you submit a comment to the website you confirm that:
- You recognise that this is a public website and anybody is able to read and comment on what you say.
- You understand that if you want to remain anonymous you should not give your real name.
- You are aged 18 or over. Or, if you are under 18 you have permission from your parent or guardian to submit content and you have indicated your age on your post so we do not use it for research purposes.
- You understand that the Secret Life of a Weather Datum team are interested in researching public discourse about the findings reported on this website. We may analyse any comments that you post, and may quote you in future research publications. We will not report your name if we quote or discuss your comments, but if somebody searches the web for your quote they may find it on the website, so if you want to remain anonymous please do not give your real name.
- You understand that we welcome debate and disagreement in the comment sections; however we retain the right to moderate comments posted to the website. Personal attacks, trolling, abuse, spam, flame wars, illegal/potentially illegal content, commercial messages, posting propaganda and links without contributing anything substantive to the discussion, racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech will not be tolerated.
When you post a comment your IP address will be recorded. You may also optionally provide your name and email address. We will only use this personal data for purposes of investigating misuse of, and moderating, the website.
We may analyse any comments that you post, however this will be done anonymously. We may report user quotes in future research publications. We will not report your name or email address if we discuss your comments, but if somebody searches the web for your quote they may find it on the website, so if you want to remain anonymous please do not give your real name.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information The University of Sheffield holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests). Upon such a request we will provide you with access to all the information we maintain about you subject to the conditions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Please request this service by writing to us at the address below.